Fri, 16 Dec|
Next to Wagamama. Angel Central
Learn to engage with difference and dialogue
Time & Location
16 Dec 2022, 18:30 – 21:30
Next to Wagamama. Angel Central, Islington. Nearest tube: Angel (5 minutes)
About The Event
The need to engage critically and thoughtfully with climate justice is urgent. The Justice Dialogues Project encourages just that, asking participants to listen to each other with respect and open minds.
Using the principles of critical literacy, the group will engage with complex local/ global processes and diverse perspectives; examine the origins and implications of our own and other people’s assumptions; learn how to negotiate change and think independently, leading to more responsible choices; and live with - and learn from - difference.
This facilitation aims to host a safe space to enhance our interaction. Facilitation is the art of bringing our whole selves and holding the process as it unfurls in the present moment.
- There is no obligation to agree with anything, but a commitment to dialogue and to learning and reflecting together.
- There is no need to reach consensus
- There is no pressure to ‘win’ a discussion or competition to impose one’s perspective on another.
- There is no fear of being denied recognition as a whole person because you think differently.
- There is freedom to express one’s views with respect and to change one’s mind when one is faced with something new.
- There is safety for learning to live with conflict, uncertainty, and difference.
- There is support for questioning and reflection on the origins and implications of our assumptions without people feeling personally attacked, delegitimised or silenced.
Note: If you reserve a spot, please do try to turn up so that we know how many chairs to put out.