Sat, 02 Jul|
Next to Wagamama. Angel Central
Biodiversity in Islington
Trees, flowers, plant, birds, bees butterflies in our borough!
Time & Location
02 Jul 2022, 11:00 – 16:00
Next to Wagamama. Angel Central, Islington. Nearest tube: Angel (5 minutes). Disabled access by lift.
About The Event
Islington has the least green space of any London borough .... We want to protect and enhance every inch of it!
Bring the family to the Climate Centre this Saturday. We've got lots on!
- Discover your local Green Spaces
- Find out more about our street trees and how we can help to take care of them
- Discover how to reduce weed-killer spraying in YOUR street
- Learn more about beautiful Swifts and how to attract them to your neighbourhood
- Plant a pea, bean or lettuce seedling
- Take home some free seeds
- Make a mask
- Learn how to make your garden more wildlife-friendly
- No garden? Learn how to plant around a street tree
- Find out how to create a parklet in a parking space
In collaboration with the Gillespie Park and Ecology Centre, Sustainable Islington, Culpeper Community Garden, Islington Swifts, Forest for Change and Islington Environmental Emergency Alliance (IEEA)
Guided tour of Forest for Change – a local woodland space (12-minute walk away)
Guided tour of Culpeper Community Garden (4-minute walk away)