Sun, 04 Feb|
First Floor. Next to Wagamama.
Visible Mending Workshop
Join supportive and friendly teacher Tessa as you learn creative hand sewing techniques and add new life to worn, torn or holey garments.
Time & Location
04 Feb 2024, 10:00 – 12:00
First Floor. Next to Wagamama. , Angel Central, Islington. Nearest tube: Angel (5 min)
About The Event
Join supportive and friendly teacher Tessa as you learn skills you need to practice mending your loved items of clothing.
Tickets from £15. PLEASE REGISTER HERE.
The hand-stitching skills you will learn with Tessa can be applied to all types of clothing, including knitwear, jeans, sweats, and shirts. During this hand sewing class you will learn:
* How to use embroidery threads
* Three stitches to get you started on creating your own designs
* Materials for applying a design to fabric
* How to use patches to repair
* How to finish your work for a neat result and wearability.
Please bring an item along for mending advice or to practice on.
Please note this is not a Visible Darning class. I will not be covering darning techniques for knitwear in this workshop
* Beginners, please avoid bringing highly stretchy items such as lycra sportwear or delicate fabrics as they can be difficult to sew.